App-V Training Courses.
This three day training course will concentrate on the finer points of sequencing with App-V 5.1. From sequencing basic applications right through to much more complex packaging. While also covering the new packaging standard from Microsoft, MSIX.
While providing an essential insight into package management and application delivery infrastructure.
Using advanced techniques to troubleshoot and remediate problematic packages you will learn how App-V really works behind the scenes. With lots of hands on labs, this course is designed to help students learn by doing, suitable for all levels of experience and backgrounds as we will build up slowly from basic principles to more advanced concepts to leave you with a deep understanding of App-V sequencing.
The extremely valuable infrastructure day will walk students through the fundamentals of App-V management. This content is designed to compliment the Advanced Sequencing by zooming out and giving students an appreciation and firm understanding of the bigger picture.
You will use both App-V Server and SCCM to deploy and manage packages on a client. Using a mixture of presentations and labs, students will gain an under the hood understanding of the technology while getting hands on to learn how it can be leveraged in their environments.
This course will enlighten you on how App-V can be used on a more strategic level and how you can have more effective conversations around management of App-V applications whether its VDI, Citrix, remote or traditional desktops. This is one of the few courses that allow students to get hands on with both App-V Server and SCCM 2012 in one lab environment!
As an extra added bonus you will also cover an intro to UE-V with a practical exercise on how to manage user application customisations across different platforms.
Students should have a basic knowledge of Windows operating systems and App-V in general.
- Sequencing Fundamentals
- Best Practices
- Merge and Override
- VFS vs PVAD
- Package Optimisation
- Package AcceleratorsAdvanced Sequencing Techniques
- PowerShell Deployment and Testing
- Advanced Client Integration
- Client Debugging
- Dynamic Configuration
- Advanced Connection Groups
- Microsoft Office
- Patching and Updating
- Troubleshooting Techniques
- Advanced Infrastructure (App-V for VDI/RDS/Citrix environments)
- Installing/Configuring App-V Server and ConfigMgr 2012 R2 (SCCM) Infrastructure Components
- Deploying Packages with App-V Server and SCCM 2012 R2
- Client Rollout and Configuration
- Cache Management
- Shared Content Store Mode- User State Management
- Group Policy
- Dynamic Configuration Management and Delivery
- App-V Standards and Process
- Connection Groups and Virtual Environments
- SCCM 2012 R2 Application Catalog
- User and Computer Targeting
- Server Automation
- Client and Server Troubleshooting
- Introduction to UE-V
- Copies of course material including lab guide and student workbook
- Accreditation certificate for successful completion
- Training on the latest version of the product – all content updated per release (5.1)
- Training from Thamim Karim – App-V industry expert and former senior consultant, trainer and speaker at Microsoft and former Microsoft MVP,
- Real world experience, courses are delivered in the context of real world scenarios and what it means to you – this is not a ‘read from textbook’ course – your trainer is out there implementing this technology on a daily basis.
- Live demonstrations and plenty of lab exercises – Less lectures, more hands on!
- Tea, coffee, snacks and lunch for each day of the course
The training centre
Public courses will be held in a dedicated training centre based in Aldgate in the heart of the city of London.
This purpose-designed venue offers superb hi-spec training rooms to make sure you can focus on what matters in comfort and truly get the very most from your training course.